Sunday, March 22, 2020

SAQA virtual conference March 19-21

Thank you and congratulations to Studio Art Quilts Association for organizing the virtual conference and giving us the ability to share our project with the membership during this surreal and frightening time.
It is a pleasure for me to be able to speak to you today about the exciting experience of collaborating on an exhibition with Penny and Miranda.
In my part of our presentation, I will share how my work has changed over time and discuss what I hope to express in my work now.
My work for this exhibition is an exploration of our vast inner world.
I feel that it is my truest work, very simple and abtract.
Until I was 60, myt art quilts were visual stories about my family.
My husband and I (he's on the ladder in the photo) have four children, now grown up.
I was an exhibiting artist for their entire lives....


This is the beginning of the presentation 'handwork, homework and heartwork' that was viewed live on Friday March 20 at 2:30 pm Eastern Daylight Time.  Judy Martin and co-presenters Miranda Bouchard (emerging curator) and Penny Berens (nova scotia artist-colleague) about their upcoming exhibition "In The Middle Of The World"
The presentation was recorded along with the other wonderful presentations at the conference and will be available to the membership who paid their conference fee until the end of June.  This conference entitled Mosaiqa was supposed to be held in Toronto Canada but was changed to a virtual conference because of the world pandemic that is threatening us all globally.

Congratulations to the conference committee (Maggie Vanderweit and team) and to SAQA staff and board members who came together to successfuly produce this innovative solution.  

No comments:

Post a Comment