Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Heart to Heart
blanket stitch embroidery
over three layers of
stitched linen

included in
Fibreworks 2010
juried national exhibition

Cambridge Galleries
Cambridge Ontario

September 11 to October 31


I stitch until the surface is completely covered. The marks are made slowly, one at a time. The needle pierces and then mends the cloth.

I can’t control the world around me, but I can control this. The process is not rushed, the fabric is caressed, the time taken is visible. The cloth becomes stronger because of the amount of thread I add.

red thread,blanket stitch

metaphors for protection


Seen here on the lower right, Mother Canada, the reverse side of Heart to Heart. (Not shown in the exhibition - but it is still there)

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:08 AM

    Wish I could be there! Perfection.

    ReplyDelete