Friday, December 06, 2013

Nouveau Louvre 2013

Nouveau Louvre 2013 at La Galerie du Nouvel-Ontario   La GNO, 174 elgin street, Sudbury, Ontario November 23 - January 5, 2014.  Every piece of artwork is sold for the flat rate of 150$, of which 100$ is paid to the artist and 50$ to the GNO. 

Judy Martin's wax and ink paper collage (shown above)  sold the first week.   It is inspired by W.B. Yeats' poem, the cloths of heaven.

Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with golden and silver light,
The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
Of night and light and the half light,
I would spread the cloths under your feet:
But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

 
Please see the online gallery to view all the artwork and to perhaps purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment